A major force in second dawn of The Netherlands’ dance music, Leon Bolier is one of the most creative studio minds at work in the country today. Through his now widely-known ‘trance with a twist’ auditory ethos, he determinedly broke the mould of pre-millennium euphoric trance – rebuilding it with a never-heard-before sound-set. Taking the natural next-step, Bolier has long since brought the music from the studio to the people. Behind a pair of CDJs, he is a force of nature, delivering one sound-quaking performance after another. Playing hundreds of nights, and in front of hundreds of thousands of clubbers, this mission culminated in Leon debuting on DJ Magazine’s Top 100 chart in the autumn of 2008.
With a production ethic that left the industry drop-jawed and clubland reeling, Leon launched his standalone career in 2005. Over the course of the next 12 months he released a head-spinning (and possibly even record–breaking) 17 tracks. These were snapped up by many of Holland’s finest imprints with ‘Poseidon’, ‘My Precious’, ‘Bonaire’ and a multitude others being released on labels including ASOT & Captured. In the first month of 2006 Leon embarked on a label relationship that is now singularly synonymous with his career. ‘Pulsar’ and ‘Solar 1’ were released through the Spinnin Records’ sub-label 2Play, and over the course of the next 3 years Bolier was to put out an extraordinary 20 tracks through the label.
With this impossible-to-miss salvo of productions flowing out of Spinnin’s door, it was no surprise that demand to see Leon behind the turntables mushroomed at much the same pace. Bolier’s innate ability to read the dancefloor and deliver damage-to-order has now become the stuff of legend. Trance Energy, Fabulous and the Amsterdam Dance Events in his homeland all got an early taste for his powerful musical elixir. With word spreading around the globe, Leon fast found himself, headphones-in-hand, rocking countries as far apart as Argentina, Singapore, Mexico, Australia, UK, Egypt and Russia. Gatecrasher, Digital Society, Trance Energy Australia, ID&T’s Tomorrowland, Love Parade Germany, Mondaybar Cruise Sweden and Global Gathering Poland are just some of the instantly recognisable dance institutions he’s now played for.
02. Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero Remix) [Believe Records]
03. Gareth Emery ft. Mark Frisch – Into The Light (Cliff Coenraad Remix) [Garuda]
04. Beat Service – Outsider [Coldharbour]
05. Armin van Buuren – Blue Fear (Orjan Nilsen Remix) [Armind]
06. Leon Bolier – Staircase [Streamlined]
07. Mark Sherry – Phantasmic [Reset]
08. Armin van Buuren – Desiderium 207 (Leon Bolier Remix) [Armind]
09. Leon Bolier – Vengeance Vengeance [Streamlined]
10. Jacob van Hage – Spotfire [Doorn]
11. Leon Bolier – Cape Town [Streamlined]
12. Heatbeat – Chinpokemon [Soundpiercing]
13. Leon Bolier & Cliff Coenraad – Belmont’s Revenge [Streamlined]
14. Sander van Doorn – Slap My Pitch Up [Doorn]
File Size – 114 MB
Length – 01:03:42